All players should use the following rules for character creation.
- Every character starts with scores of 10 on all ability scores.
- Every character gets 20 points to add to ability scores before applying racial bonuses.
- Only one ability score can be at 18 prior to applying racial bonuses.
- A player can reduce one or two ability scores below 10 to gain points but there can be only 2 points earned this way. (So a player could reduce one ability score by 2 points or 2 ability scores by 1 point.)
- You can choose from any Pathfinder race and any Pathfinder character class.
- You can choose any Pathfinder feat and any Pathfinder spells.
- You may select one Campaign Trait from the Kingmaker Player’s Guide.
- You may select two Character Traits from the Character Traits Enhancement Web Guide but they both must be from different categories. (Combat, Faith, Magic, or Social)