Beginning characters should choose spells from the Pathfinder rule books. There are plenty of great spells within the core rule book. However, I know as your character develops, you may want to select spells from other books. You will be allowed to select spells from other rulebooks beginning at first level under the following conditions.
- You must give me information about the spell you wish to select before you start your character or level up your character. The information needed must include:
- The Spell
- The Book it appears in and the page number.
- The full write up of the spell if I don’t already have the book it is contained in.
- I will either approve, deny, or modify the spell.
- The approved or modified version of the spell will be posted on the campaign website.
- You may only have one such spell per character level chosen as a free spell.
12/22/2011 With the release of the Advanced Player Guide, Ultimate Magic, Ultimate Combat, multiple campaign books, I see no real need to look for spells outside of the Pathfinder books.